Wednesday, December 24, 2008

A Home for Miss Hitty (Part 2)

I'll been working on Miss Hitty's house, pretty much by myself. It will be Christmas tomorrow, and the crew have been taking time off to shop. Luckily, I planned ahead, and all my shopping is done.

The barn doors are all over-sized, and I'm putting in some frame work to allow a conventional door to fit.

Sometimes on a tight fit, a tap or two with a hammer helps.

For the door to function correctly, I have to make sure everything is square.

A few more inches and we'll see how well I've lined things up.

Not bad, if I do say so myself.

I have to do the same type thing where the side doors were located. Instead of a door, these will now have windows.

I've got to leave now. The "creepy sisters" (they live in the Sea View) want me to make sure their chimney is not clogged or to sooty. They don't want Santa to get dirty, or have any problems getting through their fire place.


Happy Holidays to you and yours.

No comments: