Saturday, February 24, 2007

The Purrrfect Home(Part 2)

There is not a lot to report this week. The first couple of weeks on this type of project is spent taking care of preliminary objectives. A lot of time has been spent on looking at carpet samples, paint color tabs and asking questions of the client. It looks as if all of the carpet and paint colors are being left up to me. Every time I show Lily and Rose samples, they just say"that will be purrrfect", although they do show a slight preference to blues and green.






There was a lot of framing work to do on the windows and Sky-lights. So much so that I've hired a couple to temporary assistants. The Phist brothers (Lefty and Wright) have helped me on some previous projects and are very capable. That's Lefty holding the saw, Wright is of course on the right.






They did an excellent job completing the framing. Both are quick and very skilled, although Wright doesn't always seem to know what Lefty's doing.




It's time for me to get cleaned up as I've been invited to a house warming party at Saoirse and Andara's home. It is now know as "The Log Cabin in My Kitchen". See http://mirandawandering.blogspot.com/2007/02/little-log-cabin-in-my-kitchen.html My next entry will have some pictures of what the furnishings look like.

No comments: