Monday, November 24, 2008

The Lighthouse (Part 8) Who would have guessed?

I was surprised that you haven't been by for awhile. Dad explained that you visit by way of the Internet. It seems that one of the bills that I customarily just put in the desk drawer was for Internet connection. That's all straightened out now, and I'm glad to see you again.

****************************************

We are ready to install the roof on the Beacon House. Alonzo made arrangements for a crane, with which I hoped we could do the job.


I practiced operating the levers and such, and when I felt confident, we hooked the cables to the roof.
A problem with using miniature equipment for miniature building, is that such equipment does not convert well for handling scale loads.


First the crane tried to tip over.


Then the boom gave way.

This caused a problem, as I had planned on lifting the completed Beacon House on to the main structure with the crane.



Dad said that I complicated the beacon house roof project. His solution has always been to "let the Phist Bros. do it".


They are more useful then I had thought. The roof is on, and looks good. I guess I'll need to rely on Lefty and Wright a lot more.

No comments: