Thursday, September 13, 2007

Sea View Part 5 (A Reprieve?)

I thought that you might be interested in meeting the "Group". Experience has taught me that it is always a good idea to have photos of your clients. You never know when you might need them in a civil action suit.


From left to right are Ophella, Freya, Eris and Hera, I refer to them as the "Group". These are the pixies that I'm building the Sea View for. They were doing pretty good, until the Bank refused to except "Pixie Gold", as payment for the building expenses.



The house was progressing pretty well. We are however running short on materials and are trying to complete as much as we can with what we have on hand. Here's pictures of two of the rooms.


This is the living room.
This is the dinning room.


We were getting our tools and equipment ready to suspend work, when an interesting thing happened. Taelyn was in the dining room cleaning the new light fixture that had just been installed.
When Ariel opened the dining room door and saw Taelyn, she started yelling and Taelyn fell off his ladder.


Ariel, "What are you doing here? Why aren't you getting the dogs out of my house?


Taelyn, "Hera put me in charge of this construction project. I'm the head contractor. The dogs in your house, are Baxter's fault. He invited them to live there, without asking me.


Ariel, "We'll just see whose going to be the Head contractor! I don't care who invited the dogs, I want them out! If you ever try to do a house sitting job again, you won't get a recommendation from me, EVER! C. Pender, where are you?


When Ariel found me, she explained that she had agreed to finance the completion of the Sea View. She was now in complete charge of the project. Her initial demands were:


1.The "Group" were allowed to make decisions about the first floor and second floor , with the exception of the storage room . The loft and storage room belonged to Ariel, and I was to follow her remodeling directions to the letter, without asking questions.


2. Under no circumstances was Taelyn allowed to continue as head contractor, and he was not allowed to work in her section of the house. There was to be minimal access to the loft. Any persons working in the loft were not to discuss the changes made with ANYONE!


After explaining to the Phist Bros., we agreed that we could comply with Ariel's demands. I introduced Lefty and Wright to Ariel, and she again stressed the "no discussion with anyone". I've heard that Ariel is not what you would call "nice", and if she wants to, can make an individual pay dearly for crossing her.


Next Ariel and myself looked over the job, and she informed me of some of the things she wanted done. A set of fold-down stairs were to be put in the storage room, and were to be the only access to the loft. Only Ariel, the Phist Bros. and myself were allowed in the storage room and above.

She approved of the black bedroom in the loft, and said that we did not have to install a door. A bead curtain or the like would do just fine. Ariel spent some time looking around the loft, making notes, and muttering "This will do nicely" to herself. Then she told me to make the stairs in the storage room a priority and that she would have further instructions later. At that time she departed.

*********
I imagine that you are finding all this as strange as I do. I am not about to try and guess what kind of a "deal" Ariel has made with the "Group". What her plans are for the loft is again something I don't think I want to know.

It may be a violation of confidence, but since I'm very sure that no one who reads this blog will tell Ariel, I will continue to keep you informed about this project. I am relying on your discretion, I might have trouble finishing the Sea View, if I should get turned into a frog or worse!

No comments: