Sunday, July 15, 2007

Sea View 3 (A Day With Surprises)

The "Group" decided that they would like some touch up on the exterior of the Sea View. This involved some sanding, priming and repainting. The colors will be staying close to the same. But because of an "incident", it became necessary for me to call in Tarin. Of course, Lefty was not too happy about this!






Once again Tarin did a great job. I can not say enough about the advantage of eight legs and multiple eyes, when it comes to this kind of work.



The "incident", once again, involved Lefty. That was no surprise. I had put him to work doing the sanding. He was doing a pretty good job, until he slipped, fell, jumped, or whatever.



I'm not sure that he knows exactly what happened, himself. My feeling is that he fell asleep. Never the less, there he was laying on the counter, the sanding block on top of him.



This is were the "SURPRISE" comes in. From the following (overheard) conversation, it became apparent that Wright had had some medical training. He immediately had Lefty in a brace and was counseling him. Who would have guessed that he had access to an Xray machine?




The conversation went sort of like this.

Wright: I see no signs of anything broken inside you.You say that the pain is in the area of your pointing finger and thumb. There may be some damage to the soft tissue, tendons, or nerves, which will not show up on an Xray. Take two aspirins and call me in the morning. I'll mail you the bill. Next!

Later, I questioned Wright about his medical expertise. He told me that he had attended, but not graduated,from Mallard Medical University. MMU (home of the Sun Tanned Ducks) is on some remote island in the Caribbean. Apparently he is not a full fledged Quack Alumnus.

As I said it was a day of surprises.

No comments: