Thursday, April 12, 2007

The Purrrfect Home (Part 6)

We had just finished the carpet on the last wall of the sunroom, when Taelyn dropped by.




Taelyn " Good Morning Mr. Pender".

C. Pender "Good Morning to you too. What brings you around?

Taelyn " I decided that I need a job . Saoirse and Andara said that you might be looking for some help in your construction business. Is it possible that you would be interested in hiring me?"


Before I had a chance to respond, the Phist brothers appeared. It is amazing that you can call them all day long, and they don't respond, but let something happen that is none of their business and you'll be tripping over them. Once I got them to go back to work, I asked Taelyn a few questions.

C. Pender "Why do you want to get a job?

Taelyn "I've been house sitting for Ms Ariel, and like the idea of having my own house, someday.

"I've brought some tools, just in case" said Taelyn as he pointed at his wheel barrow.



Taelyn "I've even been reading a Basis Carpentry book."

When you are in a service related business, your employees are a reflection of your company. Bad help can make or break you. While I like Taelyn, I honestly did not know a lot of his background. I insist that my work force be "drug free". So I asked Taelyn if he thought he could pass a drug test.

Taelyn "I don't know, Mr. Pender. Maybe if I studied, because I don't know anything about drugs. Saoirse and Andara, did teach me how the determine which nails go in which walls ( See: A Cabin in the Forest (Part 2). , if that will help.

C. Pender "Do you have a criminal record?

Taelyn "No records. I just have DVD's and CD's ."

I guess I'm just a soft touch, plus I really do need some help on this construction site. I heard myself say " Okay Taelyn, I'll give you a try".



Taelyn grabbed his hammer and Basic Carpentry book and said " Whoopee! What do you want me to hammer, first?"



I sure hope that I did not make a mistake!

No comments: