Friday, May 30, 2008

Clara's Coffee Shoppe (Part 4)

Lefty called me and told me that Ariel had called him, insisting that he and Wright meet her at Clara's Coffee Shoppe, Immediately! Being good employees, Lefty had called to check with me. I agree to meet Wright and Lefty at Clara's. When I arrived the Phist Bros. were busy taking down the "Clara's Coffee Shoppe, Coming Soon" sign, while Ariel supervised.






I quizzed Ariel about what was going on, and by what authority she felt she could have the sign taken down.


"It's quite simple my dear Mr. Pender, I have Trademarked several words with the FAE Government. I have exclusive usage of these Trademarked words in the Tree House. Coffee, Shoppe (and all variations there of), and Clara's, are now owned by me! Any use without my written approval is a misdemeanor, punishable by severe fines and anything else I can come up with! Please continue with the sign removal."


Ariel had several legal looking documents to prove her point. Rumor had it that Ariel was very upset about not being able to force Clara into a business arrangement! I had no idea Miss Ixie would go this far. Who Trademarks an individuals name?


We had no choice but to take the sign down. Lefty and Wright were amazed when Ariel proceeded to stomp on the sign, as it lay on the ground.


Grinding her tiny little foot into it.


Once Ariel had departed, I tried to call Miss Clara. There was no answer, hope she is okay.


********************


When I arrived home, there was a message on my answering machine from Taelyn. He asked if I could come by and advice him about a construction project he was involved in.



Taelyn acquired a kit for a Light House and has been trying to assemble it on his own. Never a good idea! We moved the kit to my work area and are checking to see what can be done .




"It doesn't look like the picture on the box" complained Taelyn. A door-to-door lighthouse salesman had come by Taelyn's and talked him into purchasing the kit.



"Should I sue the salesman, for selling me a defective kit" asked Taelyn? After I checked the kit over, I told Taelyn that the kit looked like it was repairable. I've told Taelyn that the Phist boys and myself will be over tomorrow to help him build his new home.

The lighthouse will keep us busy while we are waiting to hear from Clara.

No comments: