Sunday, May 18, 2008

Clara's Coffee Shoppe (Part 3)

The Phist Bros and I have had a pretty good week. The counters have been built and are in place.




We built a special case for displaying Clara's doughnuts. We have also added two ceiling fans with lights.



There is also a smaller counter for the cash register, and another for cream and sugar dispensers.



All in all, I am quite pleased with the way this job is turning out. Clara said that she would be by soon and had some news for me, which she felt was better delivered in person.

************************


Miss Pamplemouse has come and gone. Our meeting was not what I had expected! According to Clara, Ariel is trying to take over the Coffee Shoppe. To keep Clara from getting the necessary capital to continue the project, Ariel has caused Clara to lose all of her cleaning jobs. Without any income, Clara has told me to stop working and lock the place up. She has no way of paying for any more work.

I really feel sorry for Miss Clara, if I could afford to continue without her financing, I would. It was really depressing to hear Miss C. talk about how she visualized the way the shoppe would have looked.

She had been looking forward to the time when the "Sorry We're Closed" sign would have been changed to "Yes We're Open".



Fresh doughnuts and bagels in the show case. The coffee urns lined up on the counter behind. Coffee cups stacked neatly beside the urns.



Spoons, stir sticks, cream and sugar already on their own counter.



I've sent Lefty and Wright home. There is nothing to do but make sure our tools are picked up and lock the place up. It is very sad when a dream comes to this sort of an end!

No comments: