Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Auntie Devika's Boarding House (Part 3)

Since "Lon" has taken over the majority of my responsibilities, I have not been spending a lot of time at the job site. I was pleasently surprise to see that things have been progressing quite well. Actually I am Shocked.





The carpet, molding, stairs to the 2nd floor and french doors had been completed.



The shower, sinks, and toilets are installed and functional in the second floor restroom.

I did do a complete inspection, after all, my name is on the Permit as primary constractor. The Phist Bros. seemed to be adapting to the new situation quite well. Lefty in particular seems to really like Alonzo M. Pamplemouse.

Devika came by today.


She arrived as Alonzo was taking his lunch break. He was kind enough to offer to share his cheese cracker with her.

Lon offered to show Devika around the job site. First was the restroom. Dee thought it was beautiful.

Dee found the kitchen to be lovely and functional.


Alonzo showed Dee where they would be adding shelves in the pantry,

and also where the light had been installed for the pool table,which will be going in the community room.

Devika was very pleased with the way her boarding house is coming together. I did find out that Alonzo has been using a lot of subcontractors. That explains how so much work is getting done. Of course that is going to drive up the cost of this job, but that does not seem to be problematic to Ariel. I am also very curious as to why Lefty thinks so highly of Mr. Pamplemouse.


No comments: