Friday, October 19, 2007

Sea View Part 9 ( The Attic)

Shortly after Taelyn and Tarin departed the job site, the long awaited material for the attic arrived. Ariel came by with the plans for the attic, and things got strange! The walls for the tower were to be reinforced with brick, inside and outside. I wish that Ariel would have let Tarin have attic access. The way that spider can put down shingles, laying the bricks would have been right up his alley. However, Lefty and Wright did okay.



Bars were then added to the windows in the tower, and also in the black room. No bars were put in Eris room however. If you are trying to protect something in the attic, why wouldn't you put bars in all the attic windows.? The next strange thing was the "special" tower room door.



Where Ariel got this door, I don't know. It looked like it might have been designed for a prison. It had a very heavy duty steel frame, that was bolted through the bricks. There was a slot with a flap on the bottom of the heavy steel door.



Ariel showed up with a safe. According to her the safe was to go into the tower room and was the reason for all the security. The safe is currently empty, but will hold something, that Ariel considers very important.



I've got a lot of questions about this attic. I am certainly not going ask Ariel, however.

1. Why not bars on all the attic windows?

2. If you are protecting this safe, why does the door secure from the outside? It looks to me that the door is designed to keep something in, not someone out!

3. How does Ariel think this house is going to pass inspection, with all the safety violations?

I'm going to talk to the Phist Bros. and warn them again, not to talk about anything in the attic. Once again I'm going to ask you to do the same. I'm getting a little "frog" in my throat, hope it is not spreading. Ariel can be VERY DANGEROUS, when she is crossed. I guess we'll find out soon.

No comments: