Thursday, May 3, 2007

The Purrrfect Home (Part 9)

I'd been to the Builder Supply Store again, seems that that's my home away from home anymore. When I returned I found that Taelyn was busy working on the carpet in the living room, by himself. Not a good thing. So I went in search of the Phist brother, who should had been helping (read as supervising) Taelyn.



There was the sound of a fire extinguisher being used in the loft. Worried that there might be a fire, I ran towards the loft, only to hear Wright tell Lefty " Cool me another one", then the sound of the fire extinguisher again. As I got closer I heard Lefty say " You got any threes" and Wright say "Go Fish".



I was not happy with what I discovered. It seems Lefty and Wright had decided that while I was away they could have a little party. They had been using the fire extinguisher to cool their beer. Reluctantly they returned to work, and I went down to help Taelyn. I heard a muffled cry. " Mr. Pender, Help"!






Can you guess where Taelyn is at? Here's a hint. Usually large lumps are not found in carpet.


I yelled for one of the Phist brothers to come and assist me. Lefty was first on the scene and helped lift the carpet off Taelyn.







I asked Taelyn what had happened. "I don't know Mr. Pender, I was trying to put this carpet down, when everything went black". Of course Wright had been to the first-aid kit and brought the gun, just in case Taelyn had a major injury.



"Mr. Pender" said Taelyn, after he was extracted from under the carpet, " I've been thinking that maybe the construction industry is not for me". "I know that you count on me a lot, but would you be angry if I quit? I think that I have a lead on a job that will suit me better".

I told Taelyn that I would miss his fine work, but that he felt it was best, I would accept his resignation. I wished him good luck, and he departed. I will miss him, but I think our accident rate will drastically decease. "Good Lucky Taelyn, where ever you go"!

No comments: